Founded April 24, 1868 as the Evangelical Lutheran Church of the Augsburg Confession
1868 Reverend P. Renz, from St. Paul in North Tonawanda helped 15 families organize; they met in a room on Niagara St.
1887 moved to Morgan & William Sts., Tonawanda.
1890 members from Immanuel founded a sister congregation, St. Matthew Lutheran in North Tonawanda.
1934 dedication of our present facility at the corner of William and Scott Streets.
1937 landmark neon cross in memory of Justine Schrieber.
1953 name changed to Immanuel Lutheran Church, Tonawanda, NY.
1965 nearby homes purchased to construct a parking lot.
2012 dedication of “Lamb of God” altar constructed by Dave Wolgast.
List of Pastors
Edward Feshkens, interim
Andrew J. Abraham, 2011 to 2016, Nashville, TN
Mark Aurenhamer, interim
Keith Blom, 2005-2010, Tunkhannock, PA
David Belasic, interim
Robert L. Rickus, 1975-2003, Salisbury, MO
Paul Czmanske, 1964-1975, Columbus, MO
Frank Schwarts, interim
Theodore Schroeder, 1941-1963
Frederick Otto Scholz, 1899-1943
J. W. Gram, Boston, 1877
J Frese, 1873
C. Oestermeyer, 1871, Van Werth, OH
Herman Krebs, 1869, Accident, MD